Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reiki Session FAQ

What to expect during your Bodhi Shade Reiki session...

The information below is intended to help prepare you for your session:

-- What do I have to do during the Reiki session?

  • Sessions require nothing more of you than to lie on the massage table (or sit in a chair), and relax. You may close your eyes or leave them open. Full table sessions include front and back body treatments. I will sometimes ask you to breathe to help clear blocks, ground, etc. I may occasionally move your head, arms, and legs gently during the session.
  • Please remember to turn off your cell phone before your session.

--How long do the sessions last?
  • This depends on the treatment session you opt for. Full sessions are normally an hour, occasionally a bit longer. Chair sessions are normally around 20 minutes.

--Do I have to fill out any forms?
  • You will be asked to sign a release form before your first Reiki session (a copy can be provided before you schedule a session upon request). You will also be asked to fill out a client intake form, which is optional.

--What should I wear for my Reiki session?
  • Wear comfortable clothing for your session. Tight clothing, suits, skirts, etc. are usually less comfortable than sweat pants and sweat shirts. Other than the removal of some jewelry, eye glasses or contacts, and shoes, no other disrobing of any kind is required.

--How do you do the hand positions?
  • Hand positions are sometimes done with direct contact, sometimes “beamed” or “swept.” Private body areas are never treated with direct hand contact. Hand positions are held anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes at a time. I may move around the table several times during the session and address the same areas more than once. Some sessions require me to make many "passes" over an area, while others require me to "stay put" on one area for longer periods.

--What will I feel during the session?
  • Clients find Reiki sessions very pleasant and relaxing. Sometimes clients experience sensations related to catharsis. Other times clients may fall asleep. Sometimes feelings described as "tingly," "electrical," or "magnetic" are reported in various parts of the body. Clients occasionally feel hot or cold during a session. Let me know if this happens and I can provide a blanket, drink of water, etc.

--Can I have music played during my session?
  • Soft music is usually played during a session. If you dislike the music chosen for your session, let me know and I can select different music to suit your preference (or no music at all).

--What else is provided during my session?
  • Water and tissues are on hand at all times. You will have access to a restroom at all times. Soft light or candles are usually used during a session. Incense is sometimes used during sessions, though you’re welcome to ask me to remove the incense if it bothers you.

--Can I talk during the session?
  • Most clients prefer to avoid talking during the session. But you are free to ask questions or speak to me during the session if you wish. I may occasionally provide or ask for verbal feedback from you during the session.

--Does Reiki ever involve sexual contact?
  • Reiki sessions constitute a "non-erotic" therapeutic service. No sexual contact is ever involved and no treatment of sexual areas is provided.

--Can I decide to stop the session in the middle?
  • Should you feel the need to end your session early, for any reason, feel free to do so.

I attempt to make each session as relaxing and enjoyable as possible for my clients. I am always open to accommodating special needs or requests on behalf of my clients. Please let me know at the time of scheduling of any special needs or requests you may have.

If you have any questions, as always, feel free to write: crow26354@gmail.com



No comments: